The following are the requirements for completing the M. S. program in transportation engineering and planning at the University of Maryland, College Park:
- Enrollment in two required courses or demonstration of knowledge of the content of those courses.
- Enrollment in 4 to 6 Transportation Graduate Program courses with completion of a thesis or 6 to 8 Transportation Graduate Program courses with completion of a scholarly paper.
- No more than two 400 level courses will be approved as part of the student’s program.
- The thesis option is highly encouraged for students who receive financial support.
- Students who choose the scholarly paper route must pass a written or oral MS comprehensive examination.
Courses | MS Requirements | PhD Requirements
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
Clark School Home